Monday, October 6, 2008

My Newest Pieced Quilt Pattern


My friend Dena, who sometimes tests pieced patterns for me (oh, how I wish she did applique, too!) came by last week to show me the second quilt she made from one of my new patterns she was testing. She strayed a bit from my instructions on this one, so I can't use the photos for the cover, but her quilt is absolutely gorgeous (and her little niece is adorable, too). Dena chose a striped fabric from her stash for the border, then used colors from it to pick out her other fabrics. A local long-arm quilter chose a loose meandering stitch that looks like a cross between waves and clouds - perfect for this quilt.


Here's a full shot of the quilt, along with some of Oregon's beautiful scenery. If you look closely, you can see the four white sails in the Mayflower block. Instructions for a crib size version of this quilt will be on my web site someday soon - before Halloween for sure.

No comments: