Sunday, September 28, 2008

Leaf Quiz

I took a walk yesterday to check on the blackberries and ended up stuffing my pockets with a variety of leaves (I stuffed the blackberries in my mouth - mmm, yum!). How many leaves can you identify? Hints: Most of the leaves are small ones, not grown to full size - that way I could get more of them on my scanner. Near the bottom left corner, there are two leaves from the same tree: one shows the top color and the other shows the underneath color.


Here's the list:

apple

big leaf maple

bracken fern

cherry

Douglas-fir

filbert (hazelnut)

grape

ivy

lilac

morning glory

plum

silver maple

sword fern

viburnum (snowball bush)



I could have included three kinds of blackberry leaves and a holly leaf, but I didn't fancy getting my fingers pricked. I'll post the answer sheet a couple of posts from now (that way the quiz and the answers won't appear on the same web page). Good luck!

No comments: