Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More Surprises



As I continue to sort through stuff, I find a few surprises. Today, I found some photos of me taken in first or second grade. Black and white photos were quite common back then. :-)


And I found some of a litter of kittens one of my cats had several years ago. It's about time for this year's feral kittens to start peeking out at the world, but so far I haven't even heard any tiny meows. Since the cold weather stayed around for so long this year, I'm wondering if this year's kittens will show up later than usual. We don't really need more kittens, but they sure are cute! (My females are all spayed now, btw. And the ferals get spayed whenever I'm lucky enough to catch one.)




I also found a sample of a crazy heart block I designed years ago that I'd totally forgotten about. I pulled scraps from a box to make the 4 blocks it took to make the sample, and I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out. Next time, I'll have to try it with a controlled pallette of fabrics. This is what an EQ (Electric Quilt) mock-up looks like:

If you'd like to play with this foundation pieced block pattern, let me know.

No comments: