Monday, May 12, 2008

Twin Star


On TV last Saturday, Fons and Porter demonstrated how to use the basic component of the Twin Star block to make a twisted ribbon border. Like them, this was a new method to me for making this border so I had to experiment. I was watching the show in my studio shed and didn't want to dash to the house to work the measurements out on the computer first, so I picked up some fabrics, cut a 3" square in fourths and went where it led me. I ended up with a 10.5" block (finished) - not exactly a common block size but I had fun. I'll add more log cabin type rows to make it big enough to make a pillow.




Later, I went to my computer and drafted a pattern for a 12" block. I like this block, but I think I like the other method of making the twisted ribbon best. Getting those little triangles to line up to make a square can be a bit tricky.

No comments: